TagNusseeree battalion

The making of colonial Simla, 1815-1830: A Re-look

Simla finds first mention in passing in colonial records in 1816. At the time the  area conjointly belonged to two princely states. The first permanent European structure, a residential building, was constructed in 1822. Simla was taken over by the British in 1830 and made the summer capital in 1864. http://epaper.divyahimachal.com/998550/HimachalThisWeelk/HimachalThisWeek#page/5/1 ( continue reading… )